The Federal Employee Viewpoint Survey (FEVS) was administered from November 8, 2021 to December 10, 2021. This period was both shorter and later in the calendar year than prior surveys. During this open period, 175 FRTIB employees responded to the survey for an overall FRTIB response rate of 66%. All FRTIB FEVS-eligible employees were encouraged to share their voice and participate in the annual survey. Below is a summary of our agency’s strengths, challenges, and areas of progress.
FRTIB showed clear strengths in the areas of work-life balance, supervisor and employee engagement, and the needs of our customers. These items were the highest overall positive responses:
- 96% of employees said their supervisor supports their need to balance work and other life issues (Q25).
- 94% of employees felt their supervisor treats them with respect (Q29).
- 93% of employees said supervisors listens to what they have to say (Q28).
- 93% of employees felt employees in their work unit contribute positively to the agency’s performance (Q15).
- 92% of employees felt employees in their work unit meet the needs of FRTIB customers (Q14).
40 items overall identified as strengths (65% positive or higher).
While no items were identified as challenges (35% negative or higher responses), the greatest increases in negative responses revealed that some FRTIB employees were less satisfied with how well of a job their senior leaders were doing in FY2021.
- 29% of employees did not believe that FRTIB senior leaders demonstrated support for Work-Life Programs (Q38). This was a 20-point increase in negative responses from the previous year.
- 31% of employees did not believe that FRTIB senior leaders maintain high standards of honesty and integrity (Q33). This was a 12-point increase in negative responses from the previous year.
- 25% of employees did not have a high level of respect for FRTIB’s senior leaders (Q37). This was a 9-point increase in negative responses from the previous year.
In addition, some employees were less satisfied overall with FRTIB (23% negative response) and with the agency’s efforts to protect them from health and safety hazards on the job (22% negative response).
Areas of Progress
There were several areas where FRTIB’s results improved from the previous year. FRTIB employees felt their supervisors were doing a good job, had a high level of trust and confidence in their supervisors, and were given an opportunity to improve their skills in the organization. These were the greatest increases in positive responses:
- 90% of employees overall felt their immediate supervisor is doing a good job (Q31). This was a 12-point increase from the previous year.
- 88% of employees have trust and confidence in their supervisor (Q30). This was a 9-point increase from the previous year.
- 82% of employees said they are given an opportunity to improve their skills in the organization (Q1). This was a 6-point increase from the previous year.
- 76% of employees felt that their workload is reasonable (Q5). This was a 7-point increase from the previous year.
- 68% of employees felt in their work unit, differences in performance are recognized in a meaningful way (Q12). This 11-point increase from the previous year.
The results received from the Federal Employee Viewpoint Surveys remain an important component of the Agency’s ongoing commitment to ensuring FRTIB is a great place to work and where great work gets done. The Agency will continue to analyze these results to build off of our strengths and improve our challenge areas.